If you are not citizens from 60 visa waiver countries or not Australian permanent residents, traveling by a cruise ship is strictly required when using the NZ Visit eTA to visit New Zealand.
Most of the cruise companies worldwide are offering frequent cruise services to New Zealand every year, making it become a new experience to travelers as compared to air-plane, which is considered to be the most common transportation for traveling outside the country. Typically, the cruises arrive in these popular destinations in New Zealand including the Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, and Fiordland. The Marlborough Sounds and Stewart Island are also popular ports. For passengers departing from Australia, they can begin their journey in these major cities: Sydney, Auckland, Melbourne, or Brisbane. Some NZ cruises are round trips, others are one-way.
To appeal more and more passengers, cruise lines are innovating and improving its infrastructure to be more modern:
- Environmental measures are always put on high priorities for cruise lines to reach a significant reduction like emissions and waste. Propulsion and hydrodynamics are improving to reduce the fuel consumption and oil spill in the environment.
- Accession to the Internet is no longer a big deal since the Internet speed moves faster.
- There are various sizes of the ship to ever sail in New Zealand. In the next coming years (2019-2027), there will be more ships scheduled for delivery which can cater up to 7000 guests.
- You can experience the convenience and luxury infrastructure in cruise ship: indoor and outdoor sports complex including swimming pool, mini-golf, climbing area, gym, theater, spa, cinema, library, restaurants with attractive entertainment programs, which are suitable for all ages.
Swimming pool and water sports facilities in “Harmony of the Seas” ship.
There are many sizes of the ship to visit in New Zealand:
- Harmony of the Seas (Royal Caribbean): this is a 5-star cruise and the biggest mega-ship worldwide, which can hold up over 6780 passengers. The ship offers a wide variety of activities and services to do: water slides, climbing walls, …
- Allure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) is just slightly smaller than “Harmony of the Seas”, making it become the second-largest cruise ship ever. The capacity is also over 6000 guests. Especially, there are a Disney carousel and a big casino on the ship.
- Oasis of the Seas: The third option also belongs to the Royal Caribbean cruise line, which is the same length as the Allure and can hold a maximum of 6360 people.
- Quantum of the Seas: it is considered as the most unique architectural work of the Royal Caribbean cruise line and a big jump in cruise innovation. High technology is integrated into Quantum and satellite internet is invested so that passengers can use online tools easily with fast speed as they always use on land.
- Anthem of the Seas (Royal Caribbean): it has a large stadium with bumper cars, an outdoor sky diving and 375 cabins below deck with virtual balconies that have floor-to-ceiling HD screens with real-time views of the ocean.
For any assistance, please call 24h professional support center below or send an email to email@example.com
United States: +1 818 930 5979
United Kingdom: +44 783 872 9888